Tyler/ Bro. Robert Calderwood
I was initiated into Lodge St Thomas Kilwinning Dalmellington in 1973 following in the footsteps of my father and have enjoyed 45+ years in freemasonry. I have held the office of Lodge Tyler for 30+ years which is a family tradition with my father having served 23 years and my grandfather, 17 years in the same office.
I have made friends for life through the Lodge, it is a very old Lodge with a rich history and its members are all good people willing to help anyone in need, which I enjoy being part of. My favourite aspects of freemasonry are charity work and friendship.
I have also had the privilege and honor of having the rank of honorary provincial grand Tyler bestowed upon me from the province of Ayrshire.
- Occupation – Retired Electrician
- Why I joined freemasonry – Family tradition (All of my sons are Freemasons)
- Favourite Degree(s) – 1st Entered Apprentice Degree
- Favourite Lodge events – Senior members burns supper, annual sponsored walk, Mixed Burns Supper, Sportsman’s Dinner, and Race Night.
- Other hobbies – Babysitting the grandchildren, walking the dog, and watching rugby and football.