Worshipful Junior Warden/ Bro. William J. Rowan
Bro. William J. Rowan
I was initiated into Lodge St Thomas Kilwinning Dalmellington in 2011 following in the footsteps of my Father and Grandfather. I have enjoyed 10+ years in Freemasonry but having taken a short break from masonic duties, due to other circumstances in life, I am now privileged to have been installed as Worshipful Junior Warden of the Lodge. My goal is to work hard over the next four years and become Right Worshipful Master of this Lodge.
I particularly enjoy the ritualistic aspects of Freemasonry but thoroughly appreciate the friendships I have created as well as enjoying the social side of the fraternity. Freemasonry, in general, is like being part of a wider family, however, I am very proud to be a member of 433, in particular. I am also active in other orders beyond the craft.
Freemasonry is truly a progressive science and the knowledge that has been passed down through the ages is available to those who seek it!
- Occupation – Sports Performance Coach / Sports Science Student
- Why I joined freemasonry – Family ties to the lodge and general curiosity
- Favourite Degree(s) – 3rd degree Master Mason
- Favourite piece of ritual – Emblems of Mortality in the Master Mason Degree
- Favourite lodge events – Senior members burns supper and Sportsman’s dinner
- Other hobbies – Watching cricket, socialising with friends, and mastering the Rubix cube!