Chaplain/ Bro. John Haynes PM
I was initiated into Lodge St Thomas Kilwinning Dalmellington in 1994. I have enjoyed 20+ years in freemasonry, having worked my way through all the Lodge offices, eventually sitting as Right Worshipful Master in 2010. I have been a Lodge office bearer for 25+ years and now occupy the office of Lodge chaplain, which I have done for the last 5+ years. I enjoy the friendship and social aspects of freemasonry, at the Lodge and out with the Lodge. I feel that Freemasonry betters the individual morally and socially.
- Occupation – Shot Blaster/Steel Erector
- Why I joined freemasonry – To become a better person through masonic learning
- Favourite Degree(s) – 3rd degree Master Mason
- Favourite piece of ritual – Performing the Graveside Prayer
- Favourite Lodge events – Senior members burns supper, mixed burns supper, annual sponsored walk, Sportsman’s dinner and race night.
- Other hobbies – Fishing